IMO ECDIS Model Course 1.27
Active navigators, who operate ECDIS today or are planning to operate ECDIS in the future (STCW requires that all masters and officers in charge of a navigational watch (Officer of the Watch: OOW) on a ship fitted with ECDIS must have completed a generic ECDIS course). Local administrations or vetting administrations might require the OOW to hold an ECDIS certificate in accordance with IMO model course 1.27. The training course is generic, hence covering general operation aspects for all brands of ECDIS.
Training materials, simulator training, lunch and refreshments during the training course.
This ECDIS training course provides the trainees with knowledge of the ECDIS as a system, the ECDIS operation, electronic chart materials and practical navigation by using ECDIS. In addition, the training course includes terms and conditions for paperless navigation.
The course provides the navigator with the knowledge and tools to safely shift from traditional paper chart navigation to electronic chart navigation by the use of ECDIS.
The training course not only focuses on the many advantages and safety features obtained by operating an ECDIS. Also, the limitations of ECDIS are addressed throughout the course.
The course is concluded with 3 compulsory tests and, if passed, a certificate is issued. The certificate confirms the successful completion of the ECDIS course, meeting the requirements of the IMO Model Course 1.27, reviewed by DNV SeaSkill™ .
The training complies with the IMO STCW 2010 code.
- Courses TOP
- IMO ECDIS Model Course 1.27
- Type Specific ECDIS Training Courses
- IMO IBS/INS Model Course 1.32
- INS&Track Control System Training Courses
- Bridge Team Management (BTM) Courses
- Ship Resource Management (SRM) Basic Courses
- Ship Resource Management (SRM) Refresher Courses
- Customised Training Courses
- Introduction to ECDIS&Electronic Navigation Charts Courses
- Introduction to INS&Track Control System Courses